#10> Smoking Cigarettes
#9 > Stressful Daily Living
#8 > Crash Dieting
#7 > Using Shampoo with SLS (Sodium Lauryl Sulfate or ALS)
#6 > No Exercise
#5 > Using BOXED Hair Color Kits (buy color & developer separately)
#4 > Alcoholism
#3 > Anorexia / Bulimia
#2 > Smoking Weed
#1> FIA........FLAT IRON ADDICT
The single worst thing you can do to your hair is apply extreme heat, that does more damage than any other single activity on the planet.
The Flat Iron has created a whole new addiction and problem within the world of hair, I've helped many girls get their hair back from the ravages of FIA.
5 Rules to Recovery from FIA
1) If you must Flat Iron, throw the cheap-o model away,immediately... you must purchase one of the IONIC/Tourmaline type such as: GHD, Sedu, Magic or just about any flat iron that costs a minimum of $100.00. The technology is completely different in these irons and is not half as damaging. Believe me the money you will save on repairing your hair will be well worth it. How much do you spend on face creams and make-up? Bust a little out for the hair, its your Crowning Glory.
2) You must never flat iron more than once per day. Ever again.
3) The truly best protocol? Flat Iron 3 days of the week ONLY, these Irons are so good now the straightening lasts a day or two. Learn to love the hair you are born with...(old Sassoon saying)
4) You must purchase a silicone thermal spray serum to protect and coat the hair with before ever putting the Flat Iron on it. The very best one on the planet is made by a company called AVLON INDUSTRIES, its called KeraCare:Silken Seal. Every product this company makes rocks. Especially for anyone using a flat iron to the extreme.
Here's the link to the Silken Seal:
5) At the same time, purchase their big tub of Humecto Creme Conditioner (they have a great price right now) use this to Overnight condition your hair, yes> wash- rinse- apply- and sleep with conditioner in overnight... rinse out in the AM - style and go !
One of the more common complaints lately are all the broken - fly-a-way hairs, dry-damaged,thinning and just very poor health of the hair and 75% of it is due to the amount of flat ironing going on out there.
Are you an FIA?
Tell us your story?